Review eligiblity & requirements and apply for the Education Fund Award.
About the award
The award recognizes extraordinary women and often heroic effort in overcoming adversity as they restructure their lives for success. Unlike financial aid or scholarships, the $10,000 award goes directly to the recipient for whatever needs loom largest for her, whether tuition, childcare, medical bills, elder care, transportation, housing, or any other priority. Applicants and their references should share the narrative of obstacles confronted and overcome, and any demonstrations of leadership and care for their community. Awards have been granted to over 335 women, amounting to over $2.6 million in assistance. Previous recipients have gone on to obtain master's degrees and Ph.D.'s and become leaders throughout the city.
2024 APPLICATION DATES
The 2024 Education Fund Application submission has now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the results, before June 30th, 2024. The 2025 Application will be available after September 1, 2024.Download a copy of the 2024 award eligibility requirements and instructions
- be 35 years old by December 31, 2023 (birth date no later than December 31, 1988)
- attend college at a two or four-year institution in New York City
- reside in New York City
- be pursuing her FIRST Associate or Bachelor's degree and have earned at least 12 credits in good standing
- have attended a college in New York City during the 2023 academic year and be enrolled for at least 6 credits in the 2024 academic year
- have at least 9 credits to complete graduation requirements AFTER June 2024
- If completing an Associate degree in June 2024, must then provide evidence of admission to a Bachelor's degree program
- complete an additional semester of 6 or more credits within twelve months of receiving the Award (at an NYC college/university), i.e., by June, 2025
APPLICATION & DEADLINES
The 2024 Application submission period has now closed.
The 2025 Application will be available after September 1, 2024.
Applicants will create an account on the AwardForce site and must complete all required sections on or before the application deadline, through the online portal. Additional guidance included on Eligibility & Instructions document available in link above.
Letters of Reference (2)
These must be written by faculty or administrators at your college familiar with your academic work and ideally, your family history, academic history, and career goals.
Student transcripts will be uploaded with the application, if selected, applicants will be required to provide an official copy of their transcript before the award payment is distributed.
- Awards are given in two installments: $5,000 upon notification of Award by June 30, 2024 and $5,000 in January 2025 or upon successful completion of an additional semester of 6 or more credits before June 2026.
- Recipients will be required to submit an official transcript for their additional semester of 6 or more credits before the second installment is awarded.
- The Women’s Forum will issue a Form 1099 to all Awardees in January 2025, for calendar year 2024, and again in January 2026, for calendar year 2025.