Women over 35 pursuing their first college degree.
Am I eligible to apply?
Our Education Fund Awards are given to high-potential women, age 35 and over, whose education and lives have been disrupted by extreme adversity. Our awardees recognize that education is the way to fulfill their potential. Applicants must demonstrate noteworthy promise, resilience in the face of challenges, and a commitment to making a difference once their own career goals are achieved. True financial need should be evident, and the candidate should be enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing. Additional requirements listed below must also be met to qualify.
2023 APPLICATION DATES
The 2023 Education Fund Application submission period is now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the results before June 30th, 2023. The 2024 application will be available after September 1st, 2023.Download a copy of the 2023 award eligibility requirements and instructions
- be 35 years old by December 31, 2022 (birth date no later than December 31, 1987)
- attend college at a two or four-year institution within New York City
- reside in New York City
- be pursuing her FIRST Associate or Bachelor degree and have earned at least 12 credits in good standing
- have attended a college in New York City during the 2021-2022 academic year and be enrolled for at least 6 credits in the 2022-2023 academic year
- have at least 9 credits to complete graduation requirements AFTER June 2023
- If completing an Associate degree in June 2023, must then provide evidence of admission to a Bachelor degree program
- complete an additional semester of 6 or more credits within twelve months of receiving the Award (at an NYC college/university), i.e., by June, 2024
Applicants must create a user account on the application portal. This will allow applicants to save and return to work they have completed at a later date.
Applicants will create an account on the AwardForce site and must complete all required sections on or before the application deadline, through the online portal.
Letters of Reference (2)
These must be written by faculty or administrators at your college familiar with your academic work and ideally, your family history, academic history, and career goals.
Student transcripts will be uploaded with the application, if selected, applicants will be required to provide an official copy of their transcript before the award payment is distributed.
- Awards are given in two installments: $5,000 upon notification of Award by June 30, 2023 and $5,000 in January 2024 or upon successful completion of an additional semester of 6 or more credits before June 2024.
- Recipients will be required to submit an official transcript for their additional semester of 6 or more credits before the second installment is awarded.
- The Women’s Forum will issue a Form 1099 to all Awardees in January 2024, for calendar year 2023, and again in January 2025, for calendar year 2024.